Dance and exercise classes for mums and little ones in Lisburn. Active Mama classes take place at Active Dansa studios offering two types of classes:
MAMA MOVEMENT & CONDITIONING CLASSES
These classes are designed exclusively for mums!
- Cater for postpartum and pelvic floor
- Using dance techniques to improve posture, alignment and balance.
- Improve overall muscle tone
- Become more flexible and improve range of movement
- Non impact exercise using dance equipment such as ballet barre, mats, yoga blocks and pilates balls
In all MAMA classes you are welcome to bring your little one along as well as anything you need to keep them entertained (bouncer, toys etc). So no need for you to arrange childcare!
- Stretching-Mat work: This class incorporates lots of elements of floor barre technique from ballet and works on improving alignment/posture, core activation and overall range of mobility by using various stretching techniques. Resistance bands, pilates balls and yoga blocks are often used in this class. Elements of Progressing Ballet Technique, Ballet Floor Barre and Alixa Flexibility Method are present in this class.
- Sculpting Ballet Barre: using the barre, a fundamental element of classical Ballet training, to work on improving balance, posture and work on muscles you didn’t even know they existed. This is a modified version of Ballet training to suit all fitness levels. Instead of using classical songs we train to the beat of the latest hits. There is also a stronger focus on leg, glutes, arms and core strength as opposed to working on achieving the aesthetics of Ballet which focuses on foot alignment/arch and hip mobility (turnouts).
MAMA & LITTLE ONES
These classes are designed for mums and toddlers. Any mum knows how tiring it can be to follow our little one’s pace as they have endless energy! So in these classes we take this great opportunity to get some exercise while we help our little one discover new range of movement as well as develop musicality. You will spend precious ”you time” interacting, playing and moving together.
- Mum & Me Ballet Classes: Song, Dance and Movement. A magical musical experience for parents/carers and their little ones to enjoy together. Using a combination of movement through imagery, music and props, this class stimulates social/emotional development, communication and body awareness.
- Family Acrodance: based on the Pre-School Acrobatic Arts, this class will encourage mini movers to start developing strength and body coordination. You can expect to find skills like: Pike Position, Skipping, Marching, Pre Cartwheel, Plié, Tendu, etc. The focus of this program includes learning the acro positions, locomotive skills (jumping, hoping, etc), balance skills, classroom behaviour skills, movement concepts, cooperation and social skills.